We’re Hiring: Market Development Manager
Join a tight group of creative and responsive people working together to deliver remarkable and lasting trade show experiences. In our culture, everyone has a voice, support, and a sense of humor.
We’re looking for a market development manager to represent our brand as a thought leader, build relationships in the local marketing community, and develop and qualify opportunities for our Sales team. If you love networking, attending events, speaking, writing, and connecting, this may be the job for you – especially if you are also passionate about helping marketers and businesses succeed.
In this role you will spend time with prospective customers, help educate them on event marketing best practices, identify warm leads, and qualify them for more formal sales conversations. We don’t have a high-pressure or high-volume sales environment, so we’re looking for someone who can build relationships between our company and the market for long-term prosperity. This position will report directly to the president/owner and work closely with the internal teams to educate our market and expand our reach.
This role requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company provides, and the competitive marketplace, but you aren’t in it alone. Your main duties and internal partners are as follows:
Working with Marketing:
- Identify industry events and networking opportunities to attend and speak at
- Develop a blog calendar to educate the market on trade show and event marketing best practices
- Develop hosted events to bring prospects closer to us
- Deliver thought leadership content and be present on LinkedIn and other digital channels as appropriate
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in qualified leads
- Develop and use knowledge of the market and competitors to clearly differentiate the company and its offerings
Working with Owner, Sales, and Design
- Understand the ideal scenarios for each product line (off the shelf to highly custom)
- Understand the ideal qualification for a great discovery meeting
- Develop a process for bringing in the Design team
- Develop a plan and execute:
- Outbound phone calls/email
- Online and offline networking
- Cultivate existing pipeline of leads and contacts
- Accurately manage all contacts, activity, and status within the company’s CRM, and be able to accurately report pipeline status at any moment.
Working with Client Services and Operations
- Articulate the value of our ongoing support
- Attend client events to understand the way we work
- Meet with current clients to build acumen in our specific offering and customer segments
You might be a good fit if:
- You LOVE to network and tell the story of a brand in social settings, building rapport and putting people at ease
- You have experience in marketing management and an interest in developing sales skills
- You are confident in engaging with prospective customers on a moment’s notice because you fully understand and love the business.
- You’re a natural storyteller, 1-1, on stage and in writing (in partnership with your Marketing colleagues!)
- You are a strong connector and are motivated by solving problems for others
- You’re thick-skinned – and can handle tough situations and rejection with grace and empathy!
- You can handle the ambiguity of a growing small business environment, including finding the right balance between self-motivation and team collaboration.
- You desire to learn and adapt in an ever-changing and iterative environment, including taking and giving lots of feedback
- You’re comfortable with technology such as a CRM and social media, and you also enjoy learning new software.
- You anticipate situations and are usually steps ahead of most people, solving challenges and leading the way
- You have a “can-do” attitude and a strong sense of accountability, along with a sense of humor and a willingness to bring your whole self to work
This role is full-time and based in our St. Paul office with remote working available. Hours are flexible, and we’re open to a part-time arrangement for the right candidate.
Pay: Base + Bonus, $50K-$75K range
To apply, send your resume to Joe Greeley at email@example.com